Hilltop Records - Scam, Plain and Simple
Scam, plain and simple. A web search will reveal many hits.
This company (among others) regularly reviews new copyright registrations (which are matters of public record, available for anyone to see), and then solicits the copyright holder with an offer to include the work(s) in some compilation or other such - for a "screening fee" of about $400-$450 USD. Numerous reports indicate clearly that no product will even be manufactured nor sold - the work(s) will simply appear on a "compilation list", thereby legally (and literally) satisfying the promise. The prey is obviously hungry (and unwary) artists.
Sad, really.d580719 review #201736
You may also like
- "I had this page bookmarked in the event that we didn't close on our home. However, we closed after A LOT of bickering with the Mortgage Consultant, handholding, and..."
- "Really Great Rates and Fast - Ask for there discount. I did it all very privately thru email. Top notch investigator. Visit us online for Fast Affordable..."
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."
- "I paid $1,248 for two leather chairs at Port Charlotte, FL. The so-called leather started to crack a delaminate. The synthetic veneer about one mill thick and on a..."
- "Image isn't great quality because they remove all original images from their website so you cannot compare when your actual item ordered arrives. I found one in google to..."
- "There are no words to explain how of a RIP OFF this guy really is. I had him as an Attorney about 9 months ago, and it was the worst..."
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "I bought a Big Deal Coupon for 1499.00 on Angie's List for a ceramic shower surround, with demolition, installation, removal of debris and tile all inclusive. I bought the coupon..."
- "Purchased a durablend leather couch and loveseat from Ashley 2 years ago it started cracking and peeling everywhere. Called the MFS protection plan said not covered normal wear and tear...."